“Wash your hands! Don’t touch your face!” We hear that at every turn, and for good reason. We are cleaning fiends right now. Again, for good reason. We need to keep our hands clean, not touch our face, and keep the surfaces of our counters and furniture clean. This includes upholstered furniture. From wood and laminate to metal and steel, University Loft has made it simple to keep clean. We have several blogs with information to help you avoid improper cleaning of these surfaces. Click on the highlights to read them.
Cleaning Stains without Removing the Fabric
Upholstery shampoo or liquid soap will work wonders for removing stains.
- Apply a small amount of soap to a wet cloth
- Gently rub the affected area.
- Once the stain is removed, dampen a separate clean towel and remove any excess soap.
- Use a dry cloth to remove the extra moisture
Removing the Fabric
You will need a ½ inch socket, 7/16-inch socket, and a drill with attachment or socket
- Remove the feet from the furniture
- Remove the screws
- The furniture pieces come off easily
- Because the upholstery is made using Velcro® Technology, it detaches from the cushion simply. It is now ready for a thorough cleaning. However, if you need to repair a rip or replace the whole thing, you can do so without having to buy all new furniture.
Ready for a New Look
If you are ready for a new look, The Makers of Cool have a large variety of fabrics from which to choose. Your Uloft representative can help you with the samples.
To see more of the products University Loft manufactures from kitchen cabinets to GSA Defense Quarters, stop by our catalogs. You can contact us here to learn more or give us a call at 800-423-LOFT (5638). If you need something in a hurry, ask about our Quick Ship Program. We would love to do business with you.
Stay Safe and Healthy!
“University Loft is about the people who trust us to furnish their living space.” Founder and owner, James N. Jannetides’ continual drive and determination is the force behind University Loft Company. His example as an extreme visionary has been a wellspring of encouragement and inspiration to many. We have something for you.