COVID-19 has brought a lot of stress on the world. Staying inside, isolated from our co-workers, companions, and loved ones can take a toll on all of us. There are crushing emotions that can go along with what the world is going through. This is the time to take care of yourself so that you can be strong for yourself, your family, and your community. If you are feeling the stress that coronavirus has brought on, here are 7 ways to destress under a pandemic.
- Turn off the news. Most of the news is about COVID-19, so turn it off for time.
- Laugh hard. Find jokes. Tell jokes. Watch or listen to something funny. Laughter is good like a medicine and will help you de-stress fast!
- You may only have a small place in which to do this, but that should not be a problem with many exercises. Pilates take up very little room in the home. You just need a little place on the floor. If you’ve done Pilates then you are well aware that the various exercises can workout your muscle especially well.
- Stay connected with others. There are many ways to contact people. You can make phone calls, send text messages, write emails. It means a great deal when someone remembers us and takes time to reach out to see how we are doing. Be the first to make the connection.
- If you can step outside and breathe fresh air, do so.
- Get lost in a good book. Is there a book you have wanted to read but just haven’t had the time? Now is the time to dive into that novel that has been waiting for you.
- Stay positive. With so much negativity, how do we stay positive? Look for the sweet things in life; a bird in flight, children laughing, being a peacemaker when they are fighting, the blooms on the trees, and accomplishing goals. Find what you can to be positive.
Stay strong. We are in this together and will get through it together.
While you are taking a break from the news, check out our destressing furniture products in the catalogs. If you have any questions, you can contact us here or give us a call at 800-423-LOFT (5638). A Uloft representative will be ready to help you. If you need something in a hurry, ask about our Quick Ship Program.
University Loft Company wants your furniture buying experience to be satisfying. We are committed to producing top-quality furniture that provides the best value to you. We are innovators manufacturing products to improve student residence furniture, off-campus and military housing, apartment and new development furnishing and multi-family unit housing. Founder and owner, James N. Jannetides’ vision for loft beds was only the beginning of the accomplishments done in contract furniture through this company.
Until next time ~ Ginger Bock
These 7 ways to de-stress were suggestions to help cope under stressful times. If you are under great duress, please contact your doctor for help.