Throughout the years as University Loft Company has grown, philanthropy and good environmental and community stewardship have been important to our founder James Jannetides, and the rest of the Uloft team. In fact, being a good corporate citizen, both locally and worldwide, help define the very character of University Loft Company. In case you don’t know much about University Loft’s philanthropic efforts, here are just a few:
- University Loft team members regularly volunteer to serve food to Indianapolis’ homeless as part of the Feed the Hungry Initiative.
- University Loft founder and CEO James Jannetides donated $100,000 to his alma mater, Southern Illinois University, to establish the James N. Jannetides Professorship of Business Ethics in the College of Business and Administration.
- University Loft donated a ULoft living room set and dining room table and chairs to the Homes for Wounded Warriors Program (HWWP), a program which provides specially designed new or remodeled homes to seriously wounded veterans.
- University Loft donated funds to The Julian Center, a central Indiana nonprofit agency that provides counseling, safe shelter, and education for women and children who are survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
- ULoft donated $100,000 to Saint Louis University to benefit SLU’s multi-million-dollar renovation of Busch Memorial Center, the University’s student.
- University Loft donated 297 wardrobes to the Arkansas Sheriff’s Youth Ranch, some of which were used in their facilities, while others were sold to raise funds. The organization has four campuses that help address, remedy, and prevent child abuse and neglect by creating safe, healthy, and permanent homes for children.
- University Loft also donated furniture to an orphanage in Guatemala.
- And, of course, University Loft plants hundreds of trees every year, partnering with local community school children to plant trees in observance of Arbor Day.
We believe that many of the lessons in life can be found in acts of charity and generosity. At University Loft Company, we put our best into the student furniture we build, but we also put our best into being good corporate citizens, too.
Want to learn more? Contact us today at 800-423-LOFT (5638)!
The ULoft Blog Team
About University Loft Company and our solid wood modular residence life furniture:
Since 1984, when James Jannetides built a loft configuration for his own dorm room at Southern Illinois University, hundreds of thousands of college students have enjoyed better campus living thanks to University Loft furniture. Today, University Loft serves more than 1,200 colleges, universities and related student housing partners. As Jannetides’ says: “We are always learning, always innovating, and always improving … our environment, our products, and our service. We are University Loft Company.”